Prerequisites: Students applying for GSSE must have completed at least one year of high school level laboratory science and one year of algebra. Applicants must have a 3.5 GPA or higher.
The high school student applicant fills out this online personal data form (link will be posted here once 2021 application opens).
The student/nominating counselor completes the 2021 GSSE State Application (link will be posted here once 2021 application opens)
- Student completes:
- Applicant Information Form
- Certificate of Application
- Essay Question Answers
- Counselor/principle completes:
- Confidential Student Achievement Information
- Attach an Official High School Transcript
- Two selected teachers complete:
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation #1 (recommended science teacher)
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation #2 (recommended math teacher)
- Student completes:
The nominating counselor emails the final 2021 GSSE Application using the secure courier UT Vault.
Submitting the application securely using UT Vault:
Step 1: Create an account by following these instructions
- Go to the vault website.
- Enter the email address you would like to use and choose “Register”.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your Vault account.
- Create a password for Vault by entering and verifying the new password. Choose “Set Password”. You will then be prompted to log into Vault by going here and clicking on “Register and Login with Email”
Step 2: Submit your forms by sending a secure email by following these instructions
- Go to the Vault website and login using your email and password.
- Create and compose the email by entering email@example.com in the “To” field.
- Choose the PDF file containing the completed GSSE application and upload by selecting “Choose File”. Be sure to upload one PDF including all aspects of the 2021 GSSE Application listed in step 2. Once the file is selected choose “Open”. The maximum file size is 15GB.
- You may choose to receive a message receipt verification by checking the appropriate box.
- Once all files are attached, choose “Send Message”.
If you have any questions, please contact GSSE by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (865-974-9493).